Wednesday, December 19, 2007

(Almost) In Like Flynn...

I dropped the Prothonotary a call today -- since they sent my previous communication out almost a week after it had been dated and you only get ten days to file an appeal for a denial, I wanted to stay on top of things...

After being transfered to the appropriate person, she notified me that my paperwork had recently come back and I'd be receiving my permit sometime next week. Needless to say, I'm rather relieved that, after five months and spending over $400, this process wasn't in vain.

The good news? Once I receive my permit in the mail, I make a photocopy of that and my license, send off a $25 fee or so and, within a week, I'll have my Pennsylvania non-resident permit. Quite a difference in processes, I must say.

With those two permits, I'll be able to legally conceal in 27 states... Thankfully, I don't travel too often into Maryland or New Jersey, where it's almost impossible for a resident, much less a non-resident, to obtain a permit unless you're close friends with a government official in very high places.

I'll be happy to give my business to the Delvania area stores.

3 comments:

John R said...

You will be good to go in Texas.

I can carry in DE also, with a lot less hassle than a resident of DE.

Congratulations, what holster are you going to use?

John R said...

Oh, I forgot this link:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/Delawareagreement.pdf

Rob said...

Hey!

I've been using my Blackhawk SERPA CQC (level II retention) for competition and the couple of times I've open carried. Since I'm used to it and like the idea of having that retention, I ordered one of their shoulder harnesses so I can attach my existing holster to it.

I've never been partial to IWB holsters with my.... love handles. :) Just not comfortable.