Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Ommelanden Range

Oh! So, I went out to the range a short while ago with a friend -- I decided to hit up Ommelanden, which is a great outdoor facility that is CHEAP. I spent $5 to shoot for an hour, using pretty much any ammunition that I wanted as opposed to someplace like Targetmaster, just over the state line on 202... They charge $15 for the lane and generally rifle through your ammunition because they don't like you using Walmart's 100 pack Winchester Whitebox because they can't get it as cheaply.

Knowledgable guys up there, but man -- talking about driving away business.

In any case, I think I now have about 400-450 rounds through my S&W Sigma... Not a single malfunction yet, I'm pleased to report. On the whole, I'm also getting better with the weapon as well -- maybe the trigger is starting to work itself out a bit, or my trigger finger is acclimating to the 12lbs trigger pull.

Here's my last target -- this is 30 rounds at 15 feet, which is about the normal distance at which I fire.

I have a nice little grouping there just to the left of the bullseye and those three shots that're in the orange were me slapping at the trigger. It's quite frustrating sometimes because I *know* when I take the shot if it's going to be a bad shot, but not so much when it's going to be a good shot.

Ah well, after I get some more practice in, I'll start pushing the target back to 20 feet. I'm still looking to follow the NRA self-paced progression course so, at the very least, I'll be able to have goals and motivation to keep my skills up.

No comments: